ObjectRocket + NoSQL + You = Rocket-powered mobile apps
We get it. You’d rather build a great app than sweat the health and performance of your database; we couldn’t agree more!
ObjectRocket eliminates the headache of operating and scaling your NoSQL databases with cloud-hosted MongoDB and Redis.
Take part in the NoSQL Mobile App Challenge by building your next mobile app with ObjectRocket. You’ll have free access to our tools throughout the competition and we’re giving away $20,000 in prizes!
Ready to get started?
- Click the “Register” button to sign up for challenge updates.
- Go to the Resources page to sign up for your free ObjectRocket account.
- Get ready to blast off!
This challenge will be open to:
- Individuals (individuals who are legal residents of the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec) and who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry); Teams of eligible individuals; Organizations (up to 50 employees) that have been organized or incorporated at the time of entry in the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec).
- Organizations with over 50 employees may compete for the non-cash Large Organization Recognition Award.
To be eligible, participants must sign up for a free ObjectRocket account using the ObjectRocket NoSQL Mobile App Challenge sign up form. Free ObjectRocket accounts (up to 5GB in size/$95 per month value) will be available for the first 200 sign-ups. Each participating individual, organization, or team is limited to one account.
Platform: The challenge is open to native or web-based mobile apps including: Android, iOS, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, HTML5, Kindle, or mobile web.
Technical Requirement: The mobile app you submit must utilize ObjectRocket’s NoSQL data service AND cannot use more than 5GB of ObjectRocket database space.
Free ObjectRocket accounts (up to 5GB in size/$95 per month value) will be available for the first 200 sign-ups. To be eligible for the challenge you must sign up here!
Supplemental Material: You must include, (either in your text description or demo video), an explanation of the app’s integration with ObjectRocket.
Your demo video, (hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku), must walk through the main functionality of your mobile app via screencast or video. You must also submit at least one image/screenshot of your working app.
New & Existing Apps: Your mobile app may be newly created or pre-existing. If you’re submitting an existing app (developed prior to this competition), it must have integrated ObjectRocket for the first time AFTER the submission period start date and include new features/functionality not available in previous versions. If you are submitting an existing app, you will be required to explain your app’s new features on the submission form.
How to enter
- Read the Official Rules to confirm you meet all eligibility requirements.
- Click “Register” to access the submission form.
- Sign up for ObjectRocket
- Create a new mobile app that uses ObjectRocket’s NoSQL data service. (Or update an existing app by integrating ObjectRocket for the first time and adding new features.)
- Create a demonstration video (YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku) that walks through the main functionality of the app via screencast or video.
- Provide a way for us to access your app by including an installation file with your submission, sharing a test build, or by providing a URL where your app can be accessed for testing and judging.
- Submit your app!
Partner at Union Square Ventures
CEO and Editor-in-chief at PandoDaily
Chief Technology Officer at Rackspace
Chief Architect at ObjectRocket
Depth of Integration with ObjectRocket
How well does the application take advantage of the NoSQL data services offered by ObjectRocket?
Is the application useful to a consumer or businessperson?
Is the application easy to use? Is it appealing? Is it addictive?
Originality of Concept
Is the application unique and innovative? Does it bring new functionality to mobile devices?